MNC medtech majors seem to be hoping that the union budget spurs more public-private partnerships
Dr Shravan Subramanyam, Managing Director, Wipro GE Healthcare:
- The Government’s emphasis on the six pillars of health and well-being, manufacturing, agricultural reforms, human resource reinvigoration, research & development and maximum governance is heartening, offering a visible roadmap to reset the economy.
- Healthcare has taken centre stage for the good of the people of India with an increased budget allocation of 137 percent.
- We welcome the new budget that takes a holistic view of healthcare to shift towards Atmanirbhar Bharat with a focus on preventive, curative and well-being, reducing urban rural division and enhancing capacity across the value chain.
- Over the past 30+ years, our effort has been to ensure that quality and affordable health care is available to people’s doorsteps through our local manufacturing, R&D, digital and skills initiatives provided through the vast network of staff and partners in sales and services.
- We continue our commitment to be a partner in the government’s effort for a self-reliant India, especially in the fields of mother & child, cardiology, oncology and trauma & strokology during early intervention.
Read further from Source: https://www.expresshealthcare.in/amp/news/medtech-majors-on-union-budget-2021/427066/