Since the last few years, India’s healthcare sector has been evolving rapidly with new policies and schemes introduced from time to time by the government. Only wealthy people can afford these hospitals in private hospitals where the middle class segment of society seems to be unable to afford the expense due to the pocket budget. What can be said about poor parts of India’s society below poverty, they are likely to migrate to government hospitals where cheaper and more affordable care has to be provided.
In the healthcare architecture discipline, the healthcare industry faces numerous challenges such as economical, demographic and epidemiological, leading to metamorphic changes in the recent past. Increased demand for better healthcare in the gradual shift in outlook of services due to globalization has generated a tough completive environment in the planning and design of hospitals worldwide, especially in India, where the medical industry is still at the back of the current situation.
In order to enhance qualitative standards, minimize construction costs and boost the healing environment, advances in scientific studies in the field of healthcare architecture have made hospital design a state-of-the-art discipline. The importance of the preparation and design of healthcare facilities in the containment of a systematic and empirical approach is conveyed.
There are several variables influencing the design of hospitals in the planning and designing of hospitals, such as:
- Group socio-economic profile: Depends on this aspect, which results in the participation of private and public actors.
- Existing Medical Facility: The size of hospitals is directly affected.
- Health Profile of the Region: Determines, according to the profile, the different requirements of the departments.
- Vernacular Architecture: It is possible to make acceptable variations to use modern technology along with conventional technology.
- Regulations of the Local.
- Finance source: World Bank, who offers financial support to the Development Bank, etc.
- Climatic zones: Parameters of architecture and space are affected by the form of climatic conditions.
- The Technology Collection.
Key Parameter Preparation and Designing
The following are the criteria to start the process if any hospital project is to be proposed in any area:
- Persons Needed
A team of hospital planners, hospital managers, engineers, financial experts, social scientists and health statisticians.
- Data on Critical Statics
Including death rate, birth rate, parental, socioeconomic, socio-economic, geographic, environment, etc.
- By laws and regulations
It is necessary to comply with local by-laws and regulations
Scope for versatility, expandability and convertibility
For these three aspects, due care must be taken to build a practical design to meet today’s and tomorrow’s requirements.
- Evaluation of requirements
No. Needed beds, no. Department as per requirement, no employees, etc.
- Cost Estimation
For smooth and steady development, the cost of any designer or architect should be calculated before starting the project.
- Start designing
With proper specifications and needs, this can be started.