The new HIPAA-eligible tool will be able to capture physician dictation or doctor-patient conversations

The new HIPAA-eligible tool will be able to capture physician dictation or doctor-patient conversations.

Amazon Web Services is tapping into its voice technology once again with the launch of the Amazon Transcribe Medical, an automated speech recognition service that will let developers add medical diction and documentation to their apps.
The streaming API tool is designed to cater to medical and pharmacological terms, thereby allowing doctors, clinicians and researchers to dictate into it.

The new feature is an add-on to Amazon Transcribe, which was included on the list of AWS’ HIPAA-eligible services in November of 2018.
The voice-enabled AI device is designed to help doctors and clinicians write clinical notes.

what do you think about this innovation in the healthcare field? Discuss your views. visit the link for more details.

3 Likes

I think it’s great one because when I was in an ortho hospital, I saw a patient whom’s son met with an accident he was admitted in hospital for operating his leg. His bones below the knee was litrely seen outside. That time attenders where crying and begging to do something to save their son. Doctors made him recover better and saved the boy. Later attenders sued the hospital saying the doctors made their sons leg cross. Thank god doctor took photocopy before and after treating the boy leg. Documentation helped him to come out of MLC case. This type of technologies are most welcome in HC industry which can help in documentation in effective way.

3 Likes