There are different types of colour codes used for emergency. which colour represents what
- Code Pink-child abduction
- Code black: personal threat
- Code blue: medical emergency.
- Code brown: external emergency (disaster, mass casualties etc.)
- Code CBR: chemical, biological or radiological contamination.
- Code orange: evacuation.
- Code purple: bomb threat.
- Code red: fire.
- Code yellow: internal emergency.
These are some of emergency codes used in hospital currently
Code Red: Fire
Code Blue: Medical lockdown
Code Orange: Disaster or Mass Casualties
Code Green: Evacuation
Code Yellow: Missing Patient
Code Amber: Missing or Abducted Infant or Child
Code Black: Bomb Threat
Code White: Aggression
Code Brown: Hazardous Spill
Code Grey: System Failure
Code Pink: Pediatric Emergency and/or Obstetrical Emergency