Many hospitals have seperate biomedical waste departments what is the use and advantage of this?
That’s how you save the environment by treating it in a different manner. Second is that makes you patient areas and hospital safe. Infection chances are prevented. How come we can mix similar type of waste ? This will create a problem.
- Prevents mixing of waste
- Promotes safety of the waste handlers
- Prevent cross contamination / injuries
- Its biosafe or ecofriendly
- Helps in recycling the plastic waste
- Helps in separating the infectious, radioactive or toxic waste which is very dangerous to human life
- Promotes discipline of the healthcare worker
Hospital waste management increases safety of employees and patients by reducing the potential to sustain a sharps injury potential, along with the costs of direct and indirect treatment as a result.